1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup white onion (chopped)
1 tsp minced fresh root ginger
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
3 cups potatoes (diced, no need to peel)
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder – your choice
5-6 cups vegetable stock
1 cup green lentils
4 cups kale (chopped)
To serve – lemon jiuce and fresh coriander
1. Heat a large pan over a medium heat, then add oil, ginger and onion. Season adn cook for 3-5 minutes until soft.
2. Add the garlic and potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes to brown slightly, then add the curry powder. Stir to coat, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the stock and increase heat to meduim high. Once at a low boil, add the lentils, stir, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes (uncovered) or until the potatoes are soft and the lentils cooked. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
4. In the last few minutes of cooking, add the chopped kale. Cover the pan to steam until tender (2-3 minutes).
5. Serve immediately as it is, or add a squeeze of lemon and a handful of chopped fresh coriander.