Many may say that oatcakes are dull and I have one thing to say in reply to that: they’re probably right. However, as a great source of carbohydrates and fibres, we’ll see who has the last laugh.
- 300g porridge oats
- 200ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Flour for rolling
- Preheat oven to 200C / Gas Mark 7.
- Put porridge oats into food processor – process until fine.
- Mix ground oats with salt and rosemary.
- Add water and mix thoroughly by hand until doughy.
- Roll on a floured/oiled surface until thin.
- Cut out using a pastry cutter.
- Place on a greased oven tray, in oven for about 20-25 minutes. Should come out crunchy and slightly coloured.