A good hearty meal for a chilly day – enjoy!
1 red onion
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 veg stock cube
40g harissa paste
1 tbsp ras-el-hanout
80g chopped spinach
130g bulghar wheat
30g mixed sedds, roasted in ovem for 5 minutes
5g finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1. Chop the aubergine into bite-sized pieces. Place on a baking tray with a generous drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt, and roast in a hot oven for 25 minutes
2. Peel and finely chop the onion.
3. Dissolve stock cube in 250ml hot water.
4. Heat 1tbsp oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat – add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the ras-el-hanout with the tomato puree and cook for another minute. Add the chopped tomatoes, stock and harissa, and cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
5. Add the bulghar wheat and a pinch of salt to a pan of boiling water, and cook over a high heat for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the chickpeas and roasted aubergine to the tomato sauce.
7. Add the spinach to the bulghar wheat. Stir, drain and season, and garnish with the toasted seed mix.