Can’t make pancakes without eggs? Think again! We had these for lunch yesterday (it being Shrove Tuesday and all) and they went down a treat!
2 ‘Flax eggs’ (see below)
300 soya milk
- Prepare the flax egg (!). 1 ‘egg’ = 1 tbsp flax meal (ground seeds) in 2tbsp hot water. Leave to stand for 15 minutes
- Measure the flour into a large bowl
- Incorporate the flax egg with a hand whisk
- Add the milk whilst whisking (I read Darran’s handwriting wrong, and thought he said ‘whilst whistling’ which I’m now formally adding to the recipe) to make a smooth batter
- Stand for 30 mins
- Fry in the traditional manner!
Yesterday this was served with a green speckled lentil, butternut squash, golden beetroot and purple sweet potato casserole