Our lovely admin volunteers have started typing up the recipes – look at this level of professionalism!
We had this yesterday on World Mental Health day. Most of us had forgotten to wear yellow (I have a feeling we’d said we would) so lunch was beautifully bright to make up for it!
|2||Peppers – Sliced into Thick Chunks|
|5||Cloves of Garlic – Finely Chopped|
|2||Large Courgettes – Sliced into 1 inch Chunks|
|1 large pinch||Saffron – Dissolved into 1 tbsp Hot Water|
|1 kg||Fresh Tomatoes – Chopped into Large Chunks|
|1 Head||Celery – Chopped into 1 inch Chunks|
|2 tbsp||Smoked Paprika|
|1 Handful||Chopped Parsley|
- Batch fry the courgettes in oil until lightly golden. Place aside
- Fry the onion, garlic, celery and peppers for 5 minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes
- Add the saffron and smoked paprika and give it a good stir
- Add the paella rice and coat in the spice mixture
- Add enough boiling water to just cover the rice and stir
- Cover and cook gently for about 15 minutes
- Add the courgettes and drained chickpeas to the pan and stir
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper as required. Add a little more water if required.
- Serve with parsley on top